12.09.2013

Diy Leather Messenger Bag


Check out my new messenger bag! I couldn't wait to get started making something out of the leather trench I bought and managed to whip this up in record time. 



I almost exclusively use cross-body handbags so it was a easy decision on what kind of bag I was going to make. I made the flap out of the arm pieces of the trench and the body of the bag out of two pieces from the front. I added a magnetic snap to close and a tassel for fun.The strap is just the belt from the trench reused. 


I had this fun matching fabric which was perfect for lining.  I took a quick picture of the bag inside out to show what it looks like. I added one plain pocket and one zippered (the pocket is straight it's the pattern on the lining that is crooked). 

I love how this project turned out! Now I have a bag that I'll definitely get a lot of use out of. I'm thinking the next thing I'll try with the leather left over is a clutch, so stay tuned!